Celebrate Casey Kasem's Life with Shaggy's Best Food Moments
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- General Mills, Pure Life Iced Tea, ConAgra, and More Pull Advertising From '19 Kids and Counting’
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
Radio and voiceover legend Casey Kasem passed away on Sunday at the age of 82. Kasem, the soothing voice behind the American Top 40 radio countdowns, was on the air for 40 years before going silent in 2010 after retiring. Despite his talents as a DJ, Kasem was probably best known as the original voice behind the beloved cartoon character Shaggy Rogers from the Scooby-Doo cartoons.
Very few animated characters loved food more than the tie-dye-wearing, mystery-solving hippie known as Shaggy, who seemed to have an endless appetite to match his canine pal, Scooby. So what better way to celebrate the life of Casey Kasem than by reliving some of our favorite Scooby and Shaggy food moments?
It is a well-known fact that Scooby and Shaggy love pizza. I mean, who doesn’t? Plus, they were always eating the cheesiest-looking pizzas around. The guy had great taste.
Shaggy was a truly competitive eater. Just look at that form! No wonder why the gang always caught the bad guys.
And here he is, sharing his lunch with his best buddy Scooby. What a pal!
Rest well, Mr. Kasem. We would still do anything for a Scooby snack.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts