- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Burger King’s Chicken Fries Are Back!
Recipe of the day
- Is There Really Such a Thing as a Good Turkey Burger?
- You Can Now Order and Pay for Your Subway Sandwich Online or on Your Smart Watch
- Watch: Company Tries to Prove Their Dog Food Is Good by Tricking Humans Into Eating It
- This Dairy Queen Has Been Playing By Its Own Rules Since 1949
- KFC Canada Has a Chicken Bucket That Prints Out Photos
You know that Zac Brown Band song, Chicken-Fried? Yeah, we think they were actually saying, “I like my chicken fries, cold beer on a Friday night,” because it seems like everyone loves the Burger King chicken fries. The popular skinny chicken tenders, or French-fry shaped-chicken, were taken off the Burger King menu in 2012, much to the dismay of fans everywhere. But now they’re back, according to Burger King, due to endless Change.org petitions, and social media protests to get chicken fries back on the Burger King menu.
“Our fans have spoken and we had to listen,” said Eric Hirschhorn, chief marketing officer of Burger King. “When you have guests who are this passionate about a product, you have to give them what they want.”
The fries are made with white meat chicken, battered and seasoned with spices, and can be dipped into any number of Burger King’s sauces like ranch, buffalo, or sweet and sour.
Plus if you’re really serious about your chicken fries, you can get celebratory gear on eBay like commemorative hats, mugs, t-shirts, and bumper stickers.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts