Bon Jovi Brings His Soul Kitchen to the Prudential Center
Today on The Daily Meal
- Camden Children’s Garden Brings Fresh Food to New Jersey’s Biggest Food Desert
- Chef Yves Le Lay Explores the "Core of His Culinary Soul" with New Nordic Islands Cuisine
- New Dallas Neighborhood Walmart To Bring Jobs
- Breathing New Life into Hospitality: Edgar Vaudeville Brings His International Expertise Stateside
- New Jersey Eats
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Jon Bon Jovi’s Soul Kitchen is definitely more than halfway there. The classic rocker is opening up a new location of his famous “pay what you want” Soul Kitchen designed to help those in need, inside Newark’s Prudential Center. This concession stand version of Bon Jovi’s locally-sourced voluntary-payment kitchen is part of a complete concessionary overhaul of the Prudential Center. The entertainment and sports venue will now be partnering with Legends Hospitality to bring a first-class culinary experience to the fans.
"Partnering with Legends gives us the opportunity to provide our guests with a world-class experience, including farm-to-table offerings by nationally recognized celebrity chefs, with authentic New Jersey roots," said Scott O'Neil, CEO of Prudential Center.
Bon Jovi’s stand will be the first-ever community-based concession stand that will be staffed by graduates of the Legends job placement program, and is designed to draw attention to issues of hunger and homelessness in the country. Other representations of Jersey cuisine include Jersey Diner, serving burger deluxe dishes and lamb gyro platters, as well as a boardwalk with fried clams, pizza, and ice cream.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts