New York’s Atera to Host Collaborative Dinner Series
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Atera, in New York City's Tribeca neighborhood, is quickly gaining renown as one of the finest, most creative restaurants in the city. Chef Matthew Lightner is the force behind this two-Michelin-starred powerhouse of a restaurant, and his 28-course dinners are quickly becoming the stuff of legend. So what happens when he partners with two more of the world’s best chefs to create a collaborative tasting menu? Now you can find out.
Lightner will be welcoming two culinary stars into his kitchen during the month of January: Normandy-born chef David Toutain, who made a name for himself as chef and owner of Paris’ Agape Substance, where he wows diners with his inspired, spare presentations, high-quality ingredients, and molecular gastronomy; and Rio de Janeiro-born Rafael Costa e Silva, head chef at Spain’s renowned two-Michelin-starred Mugaritz.
Toutain will be joining Lightner in the kitchen from Jan. 16 to Jan. 19, and Costa e Silva will be in-house from Jan. 23 to Jan. 26. There are two seatings on each of those nights: 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The meals cost $185 per person, and 10 percent of all proceeds go to Hurricane Sandy relief. To make a reservation, email email@example.com or call 212-226-1444.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts