New York’s Atera to Host Collaborative Dinner Series
Today on The Daily Meal
- Inside the Collaborative Dinner from Relæ, Tartine Bakery, and Rose Bakery
- New York’s Atera will host Fundraising Event Benefitting Bocuse d’Or USA
- Guy Fieri Films ‘DD&D’ at New York’s Queens Comfort
- Now Open: Cake Boss Café in New York’s Port Authority Bus Terminal
- Elizabeth Falkner Named Head Chef At New York’s Corvo Bianco
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Atera, in New York City's Tribeca neighborhood, is quickly gaining renown as one of the finest, most creative restaurants in the city. Chef Matthew Lightner is the force behind this two-Michelin-starred powerhouse of a restaurant, and his 28-course dinners are quickly becoming the stuff of legend. So what happens when he partners with two more of the world’s best chefs to create a collaborative tasting menu? Now you can find out.
Lightner will be welcoming two culinary stars into his kitchen during the month of January: Normandy-born chef David Toutain, who made a name for himself as chef and owner of Paris’ Agape Substance, where he wows diners with his inspired, spare presentations, high-quality ingredients, and molecular gastronomy; and Rio de Janeiro-born Rafael Costa e Silva, head chef at Spain’s renowned two-Michelin-starred Mugaritz.
Toutain will be joining Lightner in the kitchen from Jan. 16 to Jan. 19, and Costa e Silva will be in-house from Jan. 23 to Jan. 26. There are two seatings on each of those nights: 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The meals cost $185 per person, and 10 percent of all proceeds go to Hurricane Sandy relief. To make a reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-226-1444.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts