New Food Magazine, Food Fanatics, Launches
Recipe of the day
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
- What 'All-Natural' and 9 Other Food Labels Actually Mean
- Egg Shortage Looms Ahead As a Result of Devastating Bird Flu
- Petition Calls World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards Sexist, Self-Pleasing, and Lacking Sanitary Criteria
US Foods, the parent company of a handful of brands that sell everything from restaurant equipment to produce, has taken it one step further and launched their very own magazine. Called Food Fanatics, it also ties in with a robust new blog that covers everything food-related.
The magazine covers the latest industry trends, new products, and up-and-coming chefs. In the inaugural issue, which can be downloaded here (the print version is currently for US Foods customers only), topics explored include sustainable seafood, the donut trend, chef empires, new mobile POS systems, money-making cocktails, and even a story on how restaurant restrooms affect business.
It’s geared toward industry professionals, but is certainly not too "inside baseball" for the casual diner. The website, while heavily promoting US Foods’ brands, still does a good job of fostering a community and shares web-exclusive recipes for items like goat cheese bread, brioche donuts, and Gruyère and black pepper popovers. For those in the industry, they dig a little deeper than most other outlets into just what it takes to make your restaurant succeed.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts