- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
NBA's Kyle Lowry Starts Juice Company
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- SoBe Apologizes for ‘Help Me Trapped in SoBe Factory’ Bottle Caps
- Someone in Japan Invented Eel-Flavored Soda for a Refreshing Summer Treat
- Man Sues Rockstar Energy, Alleges it Gave Him a Heart Attack
- Starbucks to Discontinue Valencia Orange Refresher, Release New Flavor
- Exercise Enthusiasts Should Watch Water Intake, Study Says
Do NBA All-Stars and juice go together? Sure seems that way: word is Torontos Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry has teamed up with Wholesome Ice Cream's Rick Clancy to make FamJuice, a juice company serving the greater Philadelphia area.
According to a press release, Lowry's new venture (with the tagline "refresh your flavors" — we don't understand) began with Clancy, founder of Wholesale Ice Cream, a Philadelphia distributor of ice cream and beverage brands, and Lowry's longtime mentor. The objective of the company is to bring high-quality, natural juices to the inner city population of Philadelphia." Within weeks, retailers were reporting that they couldn’t keep up with the demand, says the release.
MSNBC reports the juice company has eight new juice flavors, including lemonade, peach, strawberry lemonade, iced tea with lemonade (and apparently, more lemonades). No word just yet on how they taste, but seeing one picture of a line to get a FamJuice from Lowry, we think the star power of a NBA player might go far.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts