The National Burger Recipe
Daily Value: 236%
|Folic Acid (B9)||356µg||89%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||74g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||8g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Just as the restaurant does, this burger recipe receives critical acclaim for giving an American classic a taste of international flair.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup Japanese mayonnaise*
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup A-1 steak sauce
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- One 8-ounce ground beef patty, preferably a chuck, brisket, and short rib blend
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 leaves bibb lettuce
- 1 slice pickled red onion
- 5 pieces pickled jalapeño
- 5 pieces pickled cucumber
- 1 slice Gruyère cheese
- 1 roll sliced in half, preferably an onion roll
To make The National burger sauce, combine the ketchup, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, A-1 sauce, and Dijon mustard until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
On a grill or a hot sauté pan, cook the patty until desired temperature and place the slice of cheese on the top of the patty until it melts.
Toast the bun and place one piece of lettuce on the bottom of the bun and on the top of the bun. Next place the burger on the bottom followed by all of the pickles, 1 tablespoon of the sauce, the tomato, and the top of the bun.
Recipe DetailsServings: 1
Notes and Substitutions:
* if you're unable to find Japanese mayonnaise, mix 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar with regular mayonnaise for the desired taste.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).