Nate's Meatless Meatballs - a line of vegan and vegetarian "meatballs" - is the perfect solution to a quick and healthy family meal. Made from protein-packed soy, Nate's Meatless Meatballs offer the taste, texture and versatility of traditional meatballs—but with fewer calories and high vegetable protein content, making them perfect for vegetarian and non-vegetarian diets alike. Nate's brings you a delicious homemade meatless meatball sandwich recipe that can make for a perfect appetizer when cut into small pieces or a filling family meal for your weeknight dinner! Nate's Meatless Meatballs are available nationwide in stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts, and other local supermarkets. For more information on Nate's Meatless Meatballs, visit www.natesmeatless.com.
1) Heat oil and sauté onions, whole garlic and dried herbs until onions are translucent.
2) Add canned tomato and water, stir to scrape up all flavor at the bottom of the pan.
3) Bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Stir in fresh herbs and let simmer 10 - 15 minutes more.
5) Remove from heat and puree.
6) Add salt, pepper and sugar. Adjust according to your taste.
1) Heat Nate’s Meatless Meatballs according to the package directions.
2) Slice ciabatta in half.
3) Place basil and roasted peppers on bottom half of bread.
4) Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top of vegetables.
5) Place Nate’s Meatless Meatballs on top of cheese.
6) Cover with warm marinara sauce.
7) Place in a Panini Press. If you don’t have one, you can use the bottom sides of 2 cast iron pans. Heat both pans, put oil in one and place your sandwich in it. Brush the top bread with a little oil, and place the other hot pan on top of the sandwich. Heat until the cheese melts and bread is crispy.