Is In-N-Out Expanding to Japan?
Recipe of the day
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
In-N-Out is like that disappearing boyfriend who won't call you back and suddenly appears on Facebook posts across the country — you never know where they'll be next. After rumors of an expansion to Denver, Texas, and possibly the East Coast, the beloved hamburger chain was spotted crossing international waters to Tokoyo.
A pop-up store was confirmed by psfk.com and the OC Register (who must be In-N-Out watchdogs) on Mach 28 in the Harajuku area of Tokoyo. Said an In-N-Our representative to the OC Register, "That was us in Tokyo... We have done events like this before in other countries and they are just one part of our efforts to promote and expand our brand as well as reach out to customers around the world. We do not have any immediate plans to open a restaurant there but this special event will help us make future decisions.”
So in short, In-N-Out is a tease. No surprise there — In-N-Out has been spotted in other countries with pop-up stores, like in Sydney, Australia. We guess non-Californians craving an Animal Style burger will just have to be patient and hope the burgers come their way next — even if just for an hour. (But don't worry, you can still get delivery.)
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts