'Mr. Food' Dies at 81 and More News
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
'Mr. Food' Dead at 81: Art Ginsburg, a television chef who was on the air for more than three decades, passed away at his home in Florida. [Huffington Post]
Chef From Per Se Goes to The French Laundry: The French Laundry's chef Timothy Hollingsworth has moved on, but Per Se's executive sous chef David Breeden is in. [Eater]
Bourdain vs. Ramsay vs. Batali: Anthony Bourdain weighed in on Gordon Ramsay's attempt to trademark Mario Batali's Spotted Pig name, calling it "pathetic." [FOX]
The History of Nutmeg: "Nutmeg has been one of the saddest stories of history," says one historian: find out why. [NPR]
First Importer of Pinot Grigio Dies: The man responsible for introducing America to pinot grigio, David Taub, has died at 79. [NYT]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts