Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town Updates Oasis
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
There comes a time when a restaurant knows it needs to change, whether it is a shift in demand or simply the desire not to become tired. Oasis, which was originally a buffet-style restaurant in Cape Town’s Mount Nelson Hotel, has just transformed itself after a major facelift. With stunning scenery all around, including a view of Table Mountain and extensive gardens, it’s no wonder it felt the need for a menu upgrade to compete with its splendid surroundings.
Instead of the old buffet-style, there now is a fresher, creative Mediterranean menu that is enjoyed especially when eating outside and staring at the South African landscape. The seafood is local and fresh, as are the salads, especially the Salade Nicoise. It is relaxed luxury here. Make sure to view the South African sculptures at the Everard Read Gallery after your meal.
If you find yourself traveling to South Africa soon, the whole experience at Oasis will make you feel like summer is right around the corner at this visual paradise.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts