Missy Robbins Leaving A Voce
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
"I made the decision a while ago," she told The Times. "But I have no definite plans. Nobody believes me, and I do have lots of ideas, but I’m not in a rush. I want to travel and work on a book."
Robbins joined the A Voce staff about five years ago when she became executive chef at A Voce Madison, soon taking on A Voce Columbus. The chef was previously working at Chicago favorite (and presidential favorite) Spiaggia as executive chef under Tony Mantuano.
Robbins has told The Times that working at A Voce "changed my focus and my career," and noted that since her decision, "there's no drama, [owner Marlon Abela] has been very supportive."
No word yet on who will replace Robbins, either temporarily after her departure Saturday, or permanently.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts