- Chez Panisse opens (1971)
Microwave Texas Nachos
Taste of Home
- 2 Ounces uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 Cup refried beans
- 2 Cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 Cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup Daisy Brand Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup guacamole
- 2 Tablespoons sliced jalapeño
Make these nachos for your next tailgating party or serve them as an appetizer. It's a fun dish and easy to make.
For more recipes, visit Taste of Home.
Crumble chorizo into a small skillet; add garlic. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked; drain.
In a microwave-safe dish, combine chorizo mixture and beans.
Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through; stir.
Place the tortilla chips on a microwave-safe serving plate; sprinkle with cheese.
Heat, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Spoon chorizo mixture over chips and cheese.
Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, guacamole and jalapeño. Serve immediately.