- World Water Week begins
Michelin Stars Announced for Italy
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The newest restaurant to be awarded three stars is Chef Enrico Crippa’s Piazza Duomo in Alba, which brought the total three-star restaurant count for Italy up to seven. Three new two-star restaurants, Antica Osteria Cera in Campagna Lupia/Lughetto, Agli Amici in Udine/Godia, and La Trota in Rivodutri, were also added, giving Italy a total of 39 two-Michelin star restaurants.
The Michelin Guide to Italy 2013 edition, which is available Jan. 16 also includes 261 restaurants that were awarded one star.
Nikki Maniscalco is Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @NikkiMarie2116
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts