- Alton Brown born (1962)
Michelin Guide Releases Bib Gourmands for New York
Recipe of the day
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
- An Entirely Plant-Based Vegan Fast-Casual Restaurant Has Opened in New York City
- Japanese Mos Burger Chain Replaces Bun with Tomato
- Daniel Patterson Announces Plans to Step Down as Executive Chef of Coi
- A New York City Restaurant Was Allegedly Fined for Specifically Hiring an Indian Server
A week before the Michelin Guide announces New York Michelin stars (Oct. 2, everyone — get ready), the Michelin Guide has released its "Bib Gourmands" list, with restaurants where you can get two courses and a glass of wine (or dessert) for $40 or less.
The low-budget, comfort-friendly version of the Michelin Guide lists 138 restaurants for 2014, which includes New York newcomers ABC Cocina, as well as Battersby, Porsena, Dear Bushwick, Speedy Romeo, and Pok Pok. Ramen is having a moment with Jin Ramen (new), Momofuku Noodle Bar, and HinoMaru Ramen (new), with newcomer Uncle Zhou adding to the noodle selection.
The complete list of newcomers also includes Alobar, August, Basil Brick Oven Pizza, Beyoglu, Calyer, Casa Enrique, Chavela's, Don Antonio by Starita, Enoteca Maria, Family Recipe, Gran Electrica, Havana Café, Il Buco, Land of Plenty, Laut, Lu Xiang Yuan, Northern Spy Food Co., No. 7, Ornella, Purple Yam, Sura, Untitled, and Yunnan Kitchen. Head on over to Michelin for the full list.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts