Michel Richard Headed to Manhattan
Recipe of the day
- Queens Noodle Powerhouse Mu Ramen is Looking for an Executive Sous Chef
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: Parma, an East Side Survivor
- Chubby Noodle Restaurant Files Trademark Lawsuit Against Fat Noodle Restaurant
- Yes, Starbucks Does Impact the Real Estate Market, and Here’s Why
- Embattled McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson Steps Down after Difficult Year
Good news for New York fans of chef Michel Richard: the chef will bring his cuisine to Manhattan, in the space formerly known as Le Cirque.
The New York Times reports that Richard will open three concepts in the New York Palace Hotel; one will be an informal, bistro-style setting, one will be a more formal restaurant, and one will be a pastry bar in the hotel lobby. Said Richard to the NYT about the new restaurants, "Both restaurants will be modern, not old-fashioned. I want people to have a good time.”
The New York Palace Hotel is currently home to the Gilt restaurant; there have been no announcments as to when that will close, but the bar will remain Gilt Bar.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts