Michel Richard Headed to Manhattan
Recipe of the day
- While McDonald’s Struggles, Burger King Reports Strongest North American Sales Increase in a Decade
- Restaurant Offers Jameis Winston Endless Free Crab Legs If Drafted by Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- New York’s Famous Carnegie Deli Shut Down After Alleged Gas Siphoning
- Restaurant Turns Tables on Customer’s Bad Online Review
- Restaurant Offends with Bruce Jenner Hot Dog
Good news for New York fans of chef Michel Richard: the chef will bring his cuisine to Manhattan, in the space formerly known as Le Cirque.
The New York Times reports that Richard will open three concepts in the New York Palace Hotel; one will be an informal, bistro-style setting, one will be a more formal restaurant, and one will be a pastry bar in the hotel lobby. Said Richard to the NYT about the new restaurants, "Both restaurants will be modern, not old-fashioned. I want people to have a good time.”
The New York Palace Hotel is currently home to the Gilt restaurant; there have been no announcments as to when that will close, but the bar will remain Gilt Bar.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts