Michael Symon’s Chili, Rick Bayless’ Guacamole, and More Go-To Potluck Recipes
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
Sometimes a potluck party means grabbing a $10 bottle of wine at the last minute, or just throwing together a salad and hoping somebody eats it. But, let’s be honest, the best thing about potlucks is showing everyone up by bringing the hit of the party (or, you know, eating the best dish all night long). [slideshow:
We reached out to chefs across the country to see what they bring to potlucks, whether it’s their classic chicken wings doused in Frank’s hot sauce or an intense New Orleans gumbo. Naturally, there’s guacamole with bacon (thanks Rick Bayless), crab toasts to class up your gig (Michael Mina), and even rosemary popcorn for people focusing on snacks (Karen and Quinn Hatfield).
Click through our slideshow to get inspired for your upcoming football get-togethers (ahem, the Super Bowl) — our recipes range from healthy (a non-soggy cabbage salad) to decadent (Pimento cheese fondue). We’re not saying you should make all of these, but maybe ditch the spinach salad for some crab and artichoke dip. Your friends will thank you.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts