- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Media Mix: 'The Simpsons' Foodie Episode; Michael Bublé on Fishing; and Cheese Sculpting
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
The Daily Byte brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Why We Should Carve Cheese: NPR interviews Sarah Kaufmann, one of three professional cheese sculptors in the United States. On choosing cheese as her medium: "It's much more delightful than working with wood or stone. You can snack while you work." [NPR]
Michael Bublé Talks Food Lyrics and Fishing: Apparently the crooner used to work on a fishing boat, cooking chicken and kissing salmon lips for luck. Also, he hates beetroot. [Guardian]
Local Food Movement Grows: According to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report, locally grown foods will generate $7 billion in sales this year. [Washington Post]
Coffee Gets Upgraded: Slow Bar in California gets fancy with flights of coffee and "alternative milks — from macadamias, cashews, and Brazil nuts." There's talk of hops, malt, and ever-growing coffee prices. [GOOD]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts