McDonald's Testing Late-Night Breakfast Menu, Targeting Bargoers, College Kids
Recipe of the day
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
Less than 1 percent of all fast food business comes between the hours of 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., NPD reports, and yet McDonald's is hoping to win over all eaters at those hours of the day.
Business Insider reports that the fast food chain is testing out a "Breakfast After Midnight" menu, featuring breakfast items for late-night eaters. On the menu: Egg McMuffins, Sausage McMuffins, hotcakes with sausage, breakfast burritos, fruit and maple oatmeal, hash browns, juice, and coffee for those pulling all-nighters.
Standard burgers and chicken nuggets are also presumably on the menu, meaning people stumbling home from bars can pop in for a few carbs in order to sober up. According to Business Insider, the new menu is getting a test run at 24-hour locations in Ohio. Not sure how effective this new menu will be to get people heading over to Mickey D's at 3 a.m., unless they have pizza for sale, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts