- Food Bank Week Begins
McDonald's Testing Late-Night Breakfast Menu, Targeting Bargoers, College Kids
Recipe of the day
- Chef Cesare Casella Is No Longer Associated with Salumeria Rosi
- The Best Chicken and Waffles in America
- Chuck E. Cheese Is Trying to Win Back Customers By Adding Booze to Their Menu
- New York City’s Tavern on the Green Sued for Refusing to Let War Vet Dine with Her Dog
- We Know the Secret to Getting Free Guacamole at Chipotle
Less than 1 percent of all fast food business comes between the hours of 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., NPD reports, and yet McDonald's is hoping to win over all eaters at those hours of the day.
Business Insider reports that the fast food chain is testing out a "Breakfast After Midnight" menu, featuring breakfast items for late-night eaters. On the menu: Egg McMuffins, Sausage McMuffins, hotcakes with sausage, breakfast burritos, fruit and maple oatmeal, hash browns, juice, and coffee for those pulling all-nighters.
Standard burgers and chicken nuggets are also presumably on the menu, meaning people stumbling home from bars can pop in for a few carbs in order to sober up. According to Business Insider, the new menu is getting a test run at 24-hour locations in Ohio. Not sure how effective this new menu will be to get people heading over to Mickey D's at 3 a.m., unless they have pizza for sale, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts