- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
McDonald's Testing Late-Night Breakfast Menu, Targeting Bargoers, College Kids
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- ‘Why, Wylie?’ Wylie Dufresne Is Closing Alder at the End of the Summer
- Woman Told to Eat Outside or Leave for Bringing Her Service Dog Into a Restaurant
- Subway Employees Set World Sandwich-Making Record
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
Less than 1 percent of all fast food business comes between the hours of 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., NPD reports, and yet McDonald's is hoping to win over all eaters at those hours of the day.
Business Insider reports that the fast food chain is testing out a "Breakfast After Midnight" menu, featuring breakfast items for late-night eaters. On the menu: Egg McMuffins, Sausage McMuffins, hotcakes with sausage, breakfast burritos, fruit and maple oatmeal, hash browns, juice, and coffee for those pulling all-nighters.
Standard burgers and chicken nuggets are also presumably on the menu, meaning people stumbling home from bars can pop in for a few carbs in order to sober up. According to Business Insider, the new menu is getting a test run at 24-hour locations in Ohio. Not sure how effective this new menu will be to get people heading over to Mickey D's at 3 a.m., unless they have pizza for sale, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts