McDonald's Making Big Macs Bigger (Abroad) and More News
In today's Media Mix, the NRA has a problem with Obamacare, plus a robot-run restaurant
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
• The National Restaurant Association has a problem with Obamacare, saying, "the law is unworkable, unaffordable, and wrong for our country’s small business owners." [NRN]
• McDonald's in Germany has decided to sell a "Bigger Big Mac," a Big Mac that is supposedly 45 percent larger. [Business Insider]
• A China restaurant is pretty much run entirely by 18 robots, from servers to hosts to chefs. [Daily Mail]
Chefs and Personalities
• Yes, the elBulli Foundation is happening, and here is a scale model to show you how crazy it's going to be. [Eater]
• Dan Barber chats with the Wall Street Journal about food activism, farming, and vegetarianism. In defense of eating meat? "I’m not here to say I don’t eat vegetables... but from a soil perspective, they’re actually more costly," he said. [WSJ]
• That disturbing bout of face-eating cannibalism is being attributed to pot, bath salts, and zombie attacks. Bath salts, it seems, is winning. [LiveScience]
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).