- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
McDonald's Expands Mighty Wings Testing and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Genetically Modified Rice Could Make More Food and Reduce Greenhouse Gases
- Military Developing New Menu Options, Packaging for Meals Ready-to-Eat
- The Science Behind What Makes Bacon Taste So Delicious
- Jimmy John’s CEO Is Under Fire for Allegedly Hunting Big-Game Animals
- Is the CEO of Starbucks Considering a Presidential Run?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
McDonald's Expands Wings Testing: Looks like Mickey D's is keeping its wings offer, as they expand testing for Mighty Wings to Chicago. Buffalo wings and a McFlurry, anyone? [CBS]
Wendy's Skirting Obamacare: A Wendy's in Omaha, Neb., has cut workers' hours in an effort to avoid paying for health care. [WOWT]
Farm-to-Disco: Eater caught wind of what is being pitched as a "farm-to-disco," with a menu of local meats and vegetables and disco dress encouraged. We're down. [Eater]
Mexican Restaurant's Racist Uniforms: A taco joint in South Carolina is getting some flak for racially insensitive shirts with the words "How to catch an illegal immigrant," accompanied by a picture of a giant mousetrap with tacos. Yikes. [Gawker]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts