McDonald’s Deep-Fried Macaroni Seafood Salad Burger Returns
Recipe of the day
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
- On a Fishing Charter with a Chef at Amelia Island, Florida
- Introduction to Memphis in May 2015, at the World’s Largest Pork BBQ Contest
The Gurakoro Burger, a deep-fried macaroni seafood salad burger is a mouthful to order and eat, but the regulars at McDonald’s Japan are welcoming back the seasonal sandwich.
What, exactly, makes the Gurakoro Burger so unique? For starters, it replaces the conventional meat patty with a creamy shrimp and macaroni salad filled, deep-fried korokke (Japan’s take on the croquette). The crunchy-on-the-outside, gooey-on-the-inside sandwich is topped with lettuce, demi-glace, and an optional slice of American cheese.
The Gurakoro Burger is just one of many fast-food items overseas that have us feeling at times perplexed but mostly envious. At competitor Burger King Japan, they are selling pumpkin burgers and temporarily offering an all-you-can-eat Whopper and French fries buffet.
With unusual items popping up on fast-food menus around the world, you can’t help but wonder what’s next at our favorite fast-food restaurants outside of the U.S.
Tayler Stein is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TaylerSteinTDM.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts