- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
McDonald’s Deep-Fried Macaroni Seafood Salad Burger Returns
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The Gurakoro Burger, a deep-fried macaroni seafood salad burger is a mouthful to order and eat, but the regulars at McDonald’s Japan are welcoming back the seasonal sandwich.
What, exactly, makes the Gurakoro Burger so unique? For starters, it replaces the conventional meat patty with a creamy shrimp and macaroni salad filled, deep-fried korokke (Japan’s take on the croquette). The crunchy-on-the-outside, gooey-on-the-inside sandwich is topped with lettuce, demi-glace, and an optional slice of American cheese.
The Gurakoro Burger is just one of many fast-food items overseas that have us feeling at times perplexed but mostly envious. At competitor Burger King Japan, they are selling pumpkin burgers and temporarily offering an all-you-can-eat Whopper and French fries buffet.
With unusual items popping up on fast-food menus around the world, you can’t help but wonder what’s next at our favorite fast-food restaurants outside of the U.S.
Tayler Stein is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TaylerSteinTDM.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts