Masaharu Morimoto to Open Restaurant in Maui
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto of Iron Chef America fame has teamed up with Hyatt Hotels to open his first restaurant on the island of Maui, Hawaii, according to The Maui News. The yet-to-be-named restaurant is slated to open in summer 2013.
The restaurant, which will be located in Hyatt’s new Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort & Spa, also opening next year, will feature Morimoto’s signature Japanese-style dishes that will incorporate the fresh, local ingredients found on the island.
Opening daily for lunch and dinner, the Japanese restaurant will offer both indoor and outdoor seating options as well as a 23-seat terrace bar. Morimoto Maui will be the second Hawaiian restaurant for Iron Chef Morimoto and will open three years after his first Hawaiian restaurant, Morimoto Waikiki, opened in Waikiki in 2010.
Nikki Maniscalco is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @NikkiMarie2116.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts