Masaharu Morimoto to Open Restaurant in Maui
Recipe of the day
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
- On a Fishing Charter with a Chef at Amelia Island, Florida
- Introduction to Memphis in May 2015, at the World’s Largest Pork BBQ Contest
Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto of Iron Chef America fame has teamed up with Hyatt Hotels to open his first restaurant on the island of Maui, Hawaii, according to The Maui News. The yet-to-be-named restaurant is slated to open in summer 2013.
The restaurant, which will be located in Hyatt’s new Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort & Spa, also opening next year, will feature Morimoto’s signature Japanese-style dishes that will incorporate the fresh, local ingredients found on the island.
Opening daily for lunch and dinner, the Japanese restaurant will offer both indoor and outdoor seating options as well as a 23-seat terrace bar. Morimoto Maui will be the second Hawaiian restaurant for Iron Chef Morimoto and will open three years after his first Hawaiian restaurant, Morimoto Waikiki, opened in Waikiki in 2010.
Nikki Maniscalco is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @NikkiMarie2116.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts