- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Martha Stewart on In-N-Out: 'It Was OK'
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New England Dunkin’ Donuts to Offer Judge Free Coffee for Life Following Tom Brady’s Suspension Lift
- Chef Rudy Correa: A Rising Star at the Jersey Shore
- Indianapolis Chef Offers $500 for the Safe Return of His Favorite Knife
- Alton Brown on Food Culture and Its Flaws: Loving Food ‘Doesn’t Make You Special’
- Teen Chef Opens His First Restaurant with $160 Tasting Menu, Sparks Anger in Chef Community
Martha Stewart's media tour for her upcoming PBS show Martha Stewart’s Cooking School has officially begun, and naturally, when the domestic diva stopped by Beverly Hills, she had to name-drop California's beloved In-N-Out, Examiner reports.
"Never ate fast food. I proudly can tell you that I’ve eaten one Burger King and I think maybe two McDonald's… and today I ate an In-N-Out burger," she told a crowd of people making vinaigrettes.
But of course, Stewart had to tear it down by simply saying, "It was OK." (Did she try the animal-style fries?) "You know, it’s not my favorite food. I would much rather have a salad or sushi or something like that," she said, referencing her parents' very healthy eating habits and her upbringing.
"No junk food, no soda. Anathema," she said. "Even though I snuck down to my friend’s house whose father worked for Pepsi, and every now and then we had a Pepsi with whipped cream in it. Delicious." May we suggest a Neapolitan shake for your next trip to In-N-Out?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts