Marcus Samuelsson Plans Harlem Food Festival
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
New York already has its share of food festivals, but hopefully there is room for one more, because Red Rooster chef Marcus Samuelsson is said to be planning a major Harlem food festival for next year.
According to the New York Post, the renowned chef has teamed up with “food festival guru” Herb Karlitz, who has launched food events in New York, Miami, Las Vegas, and California. The specifics of the event are still under wraps, but Samuelsson and Karlitz are said to be planning a press conference this month at Red Rooster, where they will announce the new festival.
An unnamed source allegedly close to Samuelsson and Karlitz told the Post that former president Bill Clinton is expected to be a supporter of the event, which could potentially include music and art elements as well as food.
“They’re said to be making an announcement on May 20,” the source said. “Details are still being worked out, but they’ll organize a series of events in Harlem for 2015.”
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts