Maple-Mustard Baked Chicken Recipe
Daily Value: 32%
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||37µg||9%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||17g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||9g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, preferably grade B
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-4 1/2 pounds pounds bone-in, skinless chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups soft whole-wheat fresh breadcrumbs
Whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of the oil, thyme, pepper, and salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Set a wire rack on a large baking sheet.
Combine the breadcrumbs and the remaining oil on a plate. Dredge the skinned side of each chicken piece in the breadcrumbs (with drumsticks, dredge the meatier side) and arrange breaded-side up on the wire rack. Leave at least 1 inch between pieces.
Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165 degrees, 35-40 minutes. Serve hot or let cool, refrigerate, and serve chilled.
Total time: 1 hour
Special Designations: Kid-friendly
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).