- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
- 3-4 ripe Hass avocados
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro or mint, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- Pinch of cumin
- 1 ripe mango, cut into small cubes
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime, or more to taste
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
Guacamole in any form is a staple in my apartment, but when I want to mix things up, I usually turn to whatever ripe fruit I have on hand. Namely, mangoes. I've done this recipe using pineapple instead, but I do love the sweetness of the mango paired with spiciness of the chile. Enjoy this chunky twist on everyday guacamole.
Open the avocados, slicing them lengthwise, remove the pits and slide the meat out of the skins into a large serving bowl. Using a fork, gently mash the avocados until chunky (you will be combining it with the remaining ingredients, so leave it a little chunkier than you like for now.) Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Season to taste, adding more salt and lime juice as needed. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or other dipper of your choice.
Back To Avocado 101!