Man Hospitalized After Ramen and Cola Binge

Editor
A man’s stomach almost exploded from gas after his huge ramen and cola lunch
Instant Ramen

Wikimedia/Cyclonebill

A young man reportedly ate so much ramen and soda in one sitting that doctors say his stomach nearly exploded from gas. 

Instant noodles and soda are a staple diet of college kids everywhere, but that has the potential to be a deadly combination, as one young man discovered when he ate so much ramen and soda that his stomach nearly exploded.

According to Rocket News 24, a young man in Chongqing, China, ate two whole packages of instant noodles and washed them down with two whole bottles of soda. Then, somehow, he was still hungry, so he also ate some potato chips and other snacks.

That night, he had a stomach ache. It was much more severe than a normal stomach ache, though, and eventually he realized something was wrong and went to a hospital.

When he got there and was examined, doctors were stunned to see just how much gas had built up in the very hungry young man’s stomach. Doctors say his stomach had become a giant, swollen mass and was actually about to burst. Luckily, doctors were able to save the patient by putting a tube in his stomach to relieve the pressure of the excess gas.

The young man’s appetite is a pretty extreme case. Doctors say a person consuming a single serving of instant noodles and some soda should be perfectly fine, maybe just a little burpy. Gorging on instant noodles and soda, however, might result in a pretty sore stomach afterwards.

Tags