- Todd English born (1960)
Man Delivers Pizza on Foot After Being Carjacked
Recipe of the day
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
- Product Review: Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle
- Get Excited for the Brand-New Pumpkin Spice Latte M&M’s
Props to this guy: Authorities in southwest Atlanta say that a Papa John's deliveryman was carjacked earlier this month, but continued to finish the job on foot before alerting the authorities.
AP reports that the pizza deliveryman was driving through Atlanta and had gotten out of his Cadillac when two young men pointed guns at him and told him to give up whatever he had.
While this meant that they grabbed his keys and hopped in his car, he somehow kept a hold of the pizza and decided to finish the job, walking to the nearby house. He then ran down the street to get help from a fireman, CBS Atlanta reports.
Police say that the driver filled out an incident report and asked to be dropped off at a train station, saying he didn't want to tell his boss about the carjacking until later because he feared being fired. He has reportedly gotten his car back (although it was stripped) and is back on the job. We hope the customer tipped him well.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts