- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Man Avoids Marijuana Charges With Improbable Cake Story
Recipe of the day
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
A 27-year-old Swedish man got extremely lucky this week when he was cleared of narcotics charges thanks to a brilliantly crafted excuse: He ate the marijuana by accident, because someone served it in a cake.
According to The Local, the man had been stopped and asked for a blood sample on his way back from a dinner party because police believed he was on drugs. The test confirmed that there were traces of THC, the active ingredient in cannabis, in the man's bloodstream, at which point the man said he must have accidentally eaten a slice of marijuana-laced "space cake" at the party.
Somehow, the court decided the man's story was completely believable and agreed that he must have been the unwitting victim of a marijuana-spiked party cake.
Internet commenters seemed amused that the man's story had been accepted by the court.
"It's that easy? Really?" one asked.
"LOL, this one takes the cake!!!!" another laughed.
All charges against the man were dropped, and he went about his way, presumably to be much more cautious about accepting cakes in the future.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts