Man Attempts to Murder Roommate Over Cookie Breakfast
Recipe of the day
- Ben & Jerry’s Releases New Ice Cream That Could Help Save the Planet
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Hot Pockets
- Chickens Escape the Plate by Landing in Williamsburg
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
Chocolate chip cookies make an excellent breakfast in a pinch, but one man was so enraged by the idea that his roommate had eaten cookies for breakfast that he attempted to murder her and is now in police custody.
According to Gawker, Allen Hall, a 23-year-old man from Decatur, Ill., flew into a violent rage Wednesday when his 49-year-old roommate admitted to having eaten three Chips Ahoy cookies for breakfast. She was in the bathroom when Hall allegedly declared that he was going to kill her, but she didn’t take his threat seriously. When she opened the door, however, Hall allegedly grabbed her around the throat and attempted to strangle her.
Luckily the victim’s landlady and husband were in the building at the time. They heard the commotion and were able to wrestle Hall off the victim in time to save her.
Hall is currently being held in jail and has been charged with attempted murder and aggravated domestic battery. He’s scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts