- Taco Day
Man Attempts to Murder Roommate Over Cookie Breakfast
Recipe of the day
- Japanese Professor Breeds Catfish That Taste Like Eel
- The 10 Best Store-Bought Chocolate Chip Cookies in America
- Merry Early Christmas, Everyone, Cinnamon Bun Oreos Are Coming
- Chocolate Factory Employee Calls in Bomb Threat to Get Fired
- 11 Trader Joe's Products That Probably Should Never Have Existed
Chocolate chip cookies make an excellent breakfast in a pinch, but one man was so enraged by the idea that his roommate had eaten cookies for breakfast that he attempted to murder her and is now in police custody.
According to Gawker, Allen Hall, a 23-year-old man from Decatur, Ill., flew into a violent rage Wednesday when his 49-year-old roommate admitted to having eaten three Chips Ahoy cookies for breakfast. She was in the bathroom when Hall allegedly declared that he was going to kill her, but she didn’t take his threat seriously. When she opened the door, however, Hall allegedly grabbed her around the throat and attempted to strangle her.
Luckily the victim’s landlady and husband were in the building at the time. They heard the commotion and were able to wrestle Hall off the victim in time to save her.
Hall is currently being held in jail and has been charged with attempted murder and aggravated domestic battery. He’s scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts