- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
Man Attempts to Murder Roommate Over Cookie Breakfast
Wikimedia/BrokenSphereAn Illinois man allegedly attempted to murder his roommate this week after hearing that she had eaten three Chips Ahoy cookies for breakfast.
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Oreo Releases a New Product, and It’s Not a Crazy Flavor: Introducing Oreo Thins
- Mysterious American Orders One Million Doughnuts From France
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Skittles
- Things You Didn't Know About Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
Chocolate chip cookies make an excellent breakfast in a pinch, but one man was so enraged by the idea that his roommate had eaten cookies for breakfast that he attempted to murder her and is now in police custody.
According to Gawker, Allen Hall, a 23-year-old man from Decatur, Ill., flew into a violent rage Wednesday when his 49-year-old roommate admitted to having eaten three Chips Ahoy cookies for breakfast. She was in the bathroom when Hall allegedly declared that he was going to kill her, but she didn’t take his threat seriously. When she opened the door, however, Hall allegedly grabbed her around the throat and attempted to strangle her.
Luckily the victim’s landlady and husband were in the building at the time. They heard the commotion and were able to wrestle Hall off the victim in time to save her.
Hall is currently being held in jail and has been charged with attempted murder and aggravated domestic battery. He’s scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts