- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Make-Your-Own Holiday Place Cards
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Things You Should Never Say to Someone on a Diet
- You Know You Aren’t Classy When… 5 Food and Drink Choices That Are Socially Unacceptable
- No One Likes It When You’re on Your Phone During Dinner, Study Finds
- An Introvert's Cocktail Party Survival Guide
- How to Survive a Dinner Party When You Don't Like Any of the Food
Whether you’re hosting the big company soirée or just setting a table for a quiet dinner, there’s no question that a well-set table makes the first impression at any gathering.
Before the drinks are poured, the plates piled, or the dessert devoured is when the table setting truly shines — so let your guests have the chance to fully enjoy it.
This holiday season, cut out the seating chart drama and make up some quick and chic place cards for entertaining with ease.
More from Elizabeth DePaul:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts