Make Dinner More Interesting — 8 Great Side Dish Recipes
A recipe to truly enjoy lentils
(For more recipes from Herbivoracious go to www.herbivoracious.com)
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Just when you thought you had figured out what to make for dinner, you suddenly realize that you forgot to plan a side dish recipe to use. No sweat. Instead of turning to the usual boring potato recipes, rice recipes, or vegetable side dishes, try our inspired takes instead. This week, The Daily Meal staff and members of the Culinary Content Network created eight original, interesting side dish recipes for you to try at home. Check out the highlights below.
- Lori Yates, author of the blog foxes love lemons and member of the Culinary Content Network, hits it out of the park with her Roasted Asparagus with Poached Egg and Lemon-Mustard Sauce Recipe.
- Carly Goldsmith's Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and Feta is a side dish that can easily double as a main with the addition of a protein like grilled chicken or fish.
- And Arthur Bovino's Grilled Potato, Onion, and Arugula Salad takes the top spot this week as the winning recipe. If you're wondering what potatoes are doing on the grill, or have yet to jump on the bandwagon, this recipe is a great excuse to try it out. Thanks to the juice from the grilled Meyer lemons that go into the dressing, it's very more-ish, as the British are fond of saying.
All of the recipes featured here can be made at home for about $17 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts