Make the Danish dream cake for your special event at the minimum cost
Jan 6, 2014 | 6:51 am
Valentine’s Day is coming soon and what better way to celebrate this holiday than making a cake for your loved one. If you are looking forward to make a Danish dream cake but cannot find the recipe for it, then I am here to help you out. Everyone always likes Danish cakes. Well, I have a recipe for something that would make it tastier, crispier and spicier, thanks to the toppings that will go into the making of this cake. Let’s first start with the ingredients of this treat. Here are the things that you are going to need for the Danish dream cake.
Ingredients for the cake:
You will need:
• 4 eggs,
• 300 grams of cane sugar,
• 50 grams of melted butter,
• 250 grams of plain flour, 3 teaspoons of baking powder
• one teaspoon of vanilla sugar
• 2 cups of whole milk.
These are your primary ingredients that will go into the making of the cake. You will also need some ingredients for the topping. These ingredients can be changed as per your personal variations.
Ingredients for the topping:
The ingredients for the toppings will include
• 125g of butter,
• 100g of desiccated coconut,
• 100g light muscovado sugar,
• 150g cane sugar,
• half a cup of star anise and
• half a cup of milk.
You must ensure that all the ingredients are kept together before you can start preparing the cake. This is to ensure that you do not have to run around the kitchen searching for things while you bake the cake.
The next step will be baking the cake. Read the instructions properly so that you do not miss a single step.
• You can start by whipping together eggs, sugar and butter. You must beat this mixture thoroughly.
• Now mix the flour with the given amount of baking powder and vanilla. Once this is done, you must stir the batter so that it is mixed properly. Now add some milk to make the batter thick enough.
• Now, you must pour the batter in a baking tray and place it in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for a period of 25 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake after the 15-minute mark so that you can control the temperature accordingly.
• Now, melt all the ingredients for the topping in a pan and pour them over the cake. Place the cake back in the oven and bake it for 5 more minutes at a temperature of 250 degrees Celsius.
• Allow the cake to cool down for some time before you can slice it.
• Your Danish dream cake is now ready to be served.
You can serve your Danish dream cake to guests and friends who will visit you during the holidays or you can make it especially for your loved one for Valentine’s Day. You can add your own toppings but make sure that the primary ingredients for the cake are same.
For other great dream cake recipe variations, please make sure you check out Femina's website (or like they say in Danish drømmekage fra Femina).