Mahimahi and Radicchio "Ceviche" Recipe
- 2 ½ pounds mahimahi fillets
- 10 limes
- 1 scotch bonnet
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head radicchio, julienned
- 1 fennel, julienned
- ½ large red onion, julienned
- 3 clementines or tangerines, segmented
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Micro cilantro, for garnish
- 3 corn tortillas, julienned and fried
Chef Tiffany Derry prepared what she calls more of an “Asian-style sashimi” than a typical mahi-mahi ceviche at the kick-off dinner for the 2011 St. Croix Food & Wine Experience. Bright and refreshing with a hint of heat, this dish was served with a dry rosé and makes for a perfect first course.
Slice the fish on a bias sashimi style. Squeeze the limes over the fish and add salt and pepper. Add the radicchio, fennel, red onions, and clementine segments in a mixing bowl, and then season with salt and pepper, and olive oil and set aside.
To serve, lay 4 slices of fish on a plate and a place small amount of salad atop of fish. Garnish with the micro cilantro and olive oil and then top with the fried tortilla chips.