Luxury Wine Gifts for the Holidays
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- How to Cook Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
If you want to find a special gift for the wine lover on your list, you might want to plan ahead. It’s easy enough to find a decent $20 bottle of wine at your corner liquor or grocery store, but if you’re looking to really wow someone, you will probably have to find a specialty fine wine store. Even then, you’re not guaranteed success.
That’s where I come in. I may not be the ultimate authority on any particular wine, but I am an inveterate wine shopper and I do know a thing or two about the grapes. One thing that I’ve come to appreciate is that as a general rule, almost no one thinks that spending more than $100 on a bottle of wine is a sane thing to do. Even that is a stretch.
But $100 is a nice round number and a price point where you can really find some outstanding wine, so take a look at these recommendations. There’s a little bit of something for everyone here; luxury wines that are sure to wow just about any wine lover.
— Gregory Del Piaz, Snooth
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts