- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Lulu’s Bread and Breakfast is Open For Business
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
Lulu’s Bread and Breakfast has transformed from a downtown Las Vegas food truck to a brick-and-mortar breakfast spot serving distinctive breakfast dishes, Las Vegas Review Journal reports. The restaurant is only in its second month, but has already attracted customers because of their locally famous guava croissants and menu consultant Chris Hanmer, a former “Top Chef” winner.
The restaurant is a result of Lulu’s on the Move, a short-lived food truck that was originally designed as a teaser for the now brick-and-mortar location. The co-founders are Sam Facchini and John Arena of Metro Pizza.
The breads are the stars of the breakfast dishes, which are all made in house, but the menu also offers unique egg dishes.
This is the team’s seventh Las Vegas area restaurant, and also their most personal. The spot is named after Arena’s 84-year-old mother, Lucy. The order tickets are based on kids’ flashcards and the logo is based on a 1930s photo of Lucy.
The restaurant is seeing spillover customers from the Metro Pizza crowd next door, but is hoping to build its own strong customer base in the upcoming months
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts