Los Cabos Cheese and Wine Festival Supports Boys’ Home
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Eating good cheese always poses a problem, doesn’t it? It’s one of those foods that combine guilt and decadence, but you are in luck because the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar in Los Cabos, Mexico, is reducing that guilt with the Cheese and Wine Festival to benefit Casa Hogar, a local boys’ home, on March 9, 2013.
"We’re extremely excited to be able to entertain our guests with memorable, delicious food festivals all while giving back to our local community," wrote Sheraton Hacienda del Mar’s general manager, Renato Mendonca, in a release. "We’ve worked with Casa Hogar, the local boys’ home, for many years now, so to continue to try to make the lives of over 35 homeless boys a little brighter any way we can is what we aim for."
At this gastronomic event, 14 different cheeses will be there for the sampling for $32, along with wine and bread.
You can feel good about spending time at a place that also regularly makes an ongoing donation of groceries, clothes, toiletries, toys, and school supplies for local children, making the cheese all the more palatable.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts