- First Thanksgiving Day Decreed (1789)
Lobster and Avocado Quesadillas
- One 1 1/4-pound cooked lobster
- Olive oil
- Four 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup young, fresh goat cheese, crumbled*
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 lime, sliced (optional)
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
Delicate lobster meat nestled between citrusy goat cheese and creamy avocado makes for a fantastic meal. Especially if you butter up the pan to get a nice and crisp exterior. I have to admit that this recipe is really the brainchild of Mr. Avocado (hence the addition of avocado).
If you ever find yourself with leftover lobster, this is the perfect dish to use it up in. When would this ever happen you ask? Well, let's say there was a sale on lobster and you ended up boiling more than you could eat. Voilà! Lobster quesadillas for everyone.
Remove the lobster meat from the shell and cut into small chunks. Heat a skillet or cast-iron pan until very hot, then add enough oil to coat the pan. Add 1 tortilla to the pan. Sprinkle the goat cheese on half of the tortilla then distribute ¼ of the lobster meat, a few slices of avocado and jalapeño, if using, on the same half. After about 2-3 minutes, carefully close the quesadilla by placing the empty half on top of the other ingredients. Press down to make sure it sticks together and cook for about another minute, flipping if desired, until cheese is melted.
Serve immediately with a squeeze of lime juice if desired, and, you can of course serve this with more avocado, guacamole, or even a fresh salsa.
Calories per serving:514 calories
Dietary restrictions:Sugar Conscious, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free