Link Love: Entertaining and Cooking Blogs
Healthy ingredient substitutions; indulgent caprese burgers; and other stories from food blogs you should be reading
What makes great cooking and entertaining blogs? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a hefty dose of opinion. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• Dinner improv: basil beef stir-fry. [Life, In Recipes]
• 80 healthy recipe substitutions — who knew you could sub in black beans for flour in baked goods. [Greatist]
• Reasons why you should always remember to thank your party hosts. [YumSugar]
• Recover from an indulgent holiday weekend by whipping up this cherry, arugula, and wild rice salad. [A Year in Food]
• Give classic burgers an Italian makeover with this recipe for caprese burgers. [The Parsley Thief]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.