Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Class up mac and cheese with rosemary, goat cheese, and roasted chicken. [My Baking Addiction]
• The White House's executive chef shows us how to make roasted pumpkin squash soup. [Obama Foodorama]
• This holiday season, give out rosemary apple butter and ginger cakes. [Roost]
• Try this new spin on the sweet potato-marshmallow casserole: sweet potato cupcakes with brûléed cinnamon marshmallows. [the little epicurean]
• Here are five entertaining rules that make casual get-togethers easy. [Apples and Onions]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.