What makes great dining and travel blogs? Smart and engaging content about specific subject matter accompanied by great photography and a hefty dose of in-the-know opinion. The Daily Meal delivers round-ups of stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• A dish-by-dish breakdown of the ninth annual Plate by Plate benefit. [Darin Dines]
• Reviewing barbecue at Pit Stop Smokehouse in New Hampshire. [Pig Trip]
• Dining at LudoBites 007 on the pop-up's opening night. [The Endless Supper]
• Which modern Korean specialties to order at Moko in Culver City, Calif. [Deep End Dining]
• A chicken sandwich worth noting from San Francisco's 3-SUM EATS truck, and crafted by a Top Chef alum. [KelsEats]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.