- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
'Life After Top Chef' Debuts October 3
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New England Dunkin’ Donuts to Offer Judge Free Coffee for Life Following Tom Brady’s Suspension Lift
- Chef Rudy Correa: A Rising Star at the Jersey Shore
- Indianapolis Chef Offers $500 for the Safe Return of His Favorite Knife
- Alton Brown on Food Culture and Its Flaws: Loving Food ‘Doesn’t Make You Special’
- Teen Chef Opens His First Restaurant with $160 Tasting Menu, Sparks Anger in Chef Community
Top Chef enthusiasts, get ready, because Oct. 3 marks the release date of Life After Top Chef, Bravo’s newest reality show. The show will follow four former Top Chef contestants as they attempt to build to their brands, open new restaurants, and somehow manage to spend time with family during the chaos. Viewers will get to look inside the lives of Richard Blais in Atlanta, Jen Carroll in Philadelphia, Spike Mendelsohn in D.C., and Fabio Viviani in Los Angeles.
Richard Blais, winner of Top Chef All-Stars, owns a successful burger and hot dog establishment and runs a culinary company. On the show, the cameras follow him as he struggles to balance family life with his ambitions to open a fine dining restaurant.
Over in Philadelphia, Jen Carroll works to open her dream restaurant, Concrete Blonde, all while taking care of her sick mother and dealing with being newly single.
Spike Mendelsohn, unlike the others, has a long history of food in his family and has a culinary name to live up to. He is headstrong and motivated to open more restaurants of his own, and the cameras follow him as he attempts to distinguish his skills from the rest of his family’s.
And finally, the suave, foreign favorite, Fabio Vivani. Life After Top Chef shows Vivani expanding his name and brand all over Los Angeles in an attempt to become the "male Martha Stewart."
Will these chefs be able to achieve their wild dreams? Or will the pressure be too much to handle? These are the questions we’re all asking ourselves, but we’ll just have to wait until Oct. 3 to see.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts