Let's Just Deep-Fry Some Champagne for New Years
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Come New Year's Day, you probably won't be regretting your decision to drink less, but you'll probably regret your decision to eat less carbs. So really, the best way to prep for the new year (and the resolutions) is to eat a lot of fried things beforehand, so you wake up on January 1 refreshed (maybe) and possibly not hungover.*
So for your New Year's party, may we suggest: deep-fried kale for the health-conscious, deep-fried corned beef for the meat lovers, and deep-fried risotto for everyone. And of course, the deep-fried wine in champagne batter, because why not put booze in the food? Macy's has rounded up five recipes in a nifty infographic, perfect for planning a meal to serve at your upcoming festivities if you're lucky enough to have a deep fryer. And of course, plenty of these dishes (corned beef, black-eyed peas) symbolize luck for the new year.
*Obviously if you're on a health kick, we don't recommend an entire meal of deep-fried food.
Graphic courtesy of Macy's
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts