Let's Compare Fast-Food Ads with Real Burgers
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New York Ponders Raw Fish Rules
- Shake Shack Shareholder PETA Pushes for Vegan Menu Options
- RL Stine Calls Feeding Frenzy, Two-Hour Closure of First White Castle in Las Vegas a ‘True Horror’
- Queens Noodle Powerhouse Mu Ramen is Looking for an Executive Sous Chef
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: Parma, an East Side Survivor
We all know about false advertising on food menus (there is no way real ice cream is that perfect), but these fast-food ads are just ridiculous.
Photographer Dario D. over at Alphaila has started a series comparing real fast-food tacos and burgers with their advertised counterparts. The results are unsurprising — most tacos and burgers are sad, squashed versions of what you see. The only product to somewhat stack up with the advertised version is McDonald's Big N' Tasty with cheese (shown last). So, um, good job Mickey D's?
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts