- World Coconut Day
Let's Compare Fast-Food Ads with Real Burgers
Recipe of the day
- 50 States: the Best BBQ Across America
- $100 and the Essay of a Lifetime Will Get You the Deed to This Restaurant and Bar
- Waitress Takes Care of Cancer Patient’s Bill at a New Jersey Pizza Shop
- The Newly Reopened Dirt Candy Will Now Serve a Vegetable Lovers Brunch
- America’s Best Chinese Restaurants Part 4: Yank Sing
We all know about false advertising on food menus (there is no way real ice cream is that perfect), but these fast-food ads are just ridiculous.
Photographer Dario D. over at Alphaila has started a series comparing real fast-food tacos and burgers with their advertised counterparts. The results are unsurprising — most tacos and burgers are sad, squashed versions of what you see. The only product to somewhat stack up with the advertised version is McDonald's Big N' Tasty with cheese (shown last). So, um, good job Mickey D's?
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts