World's Largest Coffee Mosaic Displayed in Moscow
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
"The Awakening," the world’s largest coffee bean mosaic debuted in Gorky Park, Moscow, Tuesday, according to Oddity Central. The 30-square-meter, 397-pound mosaic is the largest of its kind in the world, according to Russia’s Book of Records and the Guinness Book of World Records.
The creator, Russian artist Arkadi Kim, and his team of five assistants worked on the mosaic for two weeks, placing each of the 1 million beans on a board by hand, before unveiling it to the public. During those two weeks each coffee bean was roasted to achieve a desired color and then weighed on a scale. A café and coffee tasting area has been set up next to the mural.
The mural depicts a girl’s face with a visible aroma of coffee wafting towards her. "The Awakening" is on exhibit until July 1, when the beans will be taken down and sold to a coffee plant.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts