Lady Gaga's Family's Restaurant Hit with C Grade
Recipe of the day
- Restaurant Offends with Bruce Jenner Hot Dog
- McDonald’s Is Actually Closing 700 Locations This Year
- A Male Version of Hooters Is Opening in Dallas, Texas
- In This Twisted World, Taco Bell Stock Is Up and Chipotle Stock Is Down
- Chipotle Rolls Out Delivery Across 67 Cities Including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago
Yikes — Italian restaurant Joanne Trattoria from Joe and Cynthia Germanotta (Lady Gaga's 'rents) just earned itself a C grade from New York City health inspectors.
The New York post reports that the Upper West Side restaurant received 42 points for violations such as "unwashed food-prep surfaces, no hand-washing facilities close to the kitchen, and food places in areas ripe for contamination."
General manager Travis Jones told the Post that they'll be taking the ruling to court. "It’s bogus until November, when it’s finalized. We’re planning on disputing it," Jones said.
Still, not the best news for the restaurant, which was trashed by the Post's Steve Cuozzo after opening for "unspeakable fatty veal osso bucco" and "calamari like leather." Ouch.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts