Lady Gaga's Family's Restaurant Hit with C Grade
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- High on Chai at Burma Burma in Mumbai
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
Yikes — Italian restaurant Joanne Trattoria from Joe and Cynthia Germanotta (Lady Gaga's 'rents) just earned itself a C grade from New York City health inspectors.
The New York post reports that the Upper West Side restaurant received 42 points for violations such as "unwashed food-prep surfaces, no hand-washing facilities close to the kitchen, and food places in areas ripe for contamination."
General manager Travis Jones told the Post that they'll be taking the ruling to court. "It’s bogus until November, when it’s finalized. We’re planning on disputing it," Jones said.
Still, not the best news for the restaurant, which was trashed by the Post's Steve Cuozzo after opening for "unspeakable fatty veal osso bucco" and "calamari like leather." Ouch.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts