- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Lady Gaga's Family's Restaurant Hit with C Grade
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
- An Entirely Plant-Based Vegan Fast-Casual Restaurant Has Opened in New York City
Yikes — Italian restaurant Joanne Trattoria from Joe and Cynthia Germanotta (Lady Gaga's 'rents) just earned itself a C grade from New York City health inspectors.
The New York post reports that the Upper West Side restaurant received 42 points for violations such as "unwashed food-prep surfaces, no hand-washing facilities close to the kitchen, and food places in areas ripe for contamination."
General manager Travis Jones told the Post that they'll be taking the ruling to court. "It’s bogus until November, when it’s finalized. We’re planning on disputing it," Jones said.
Still, not the best news for the restaurant, which was trashed by the Post's Steve Cuozzo after opening for "unspeakable fatty veal osso bucco" and "calamari like leather." Ouch.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts