Lady Gaga's Family's Restaurant Hit with C Grade
Recipe of the day
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
- On Reopening Day, Shake Shack’s ParkBurger, Shack Phoenix Beer Draw an Eager Crowd
Yikes — Italian restaurant Joanne Trattoria from Joe and Cynthia Germanotta (Lady Gaga's 'rents) just earned itself a C grade from New York City health inspectors.
The New York post reports that the Upper West Side restaurant received 42 points for violations such as "unwashed food-prep surfaces, no hand-washing facilities close to the kitchen, and food places in areas ripe for contamination."
General manager Travis Jones told the Post that they'll be taking the ruling to court. "It’s bogus until November, when it’s finalized. We’re planning on disputing it," Jones said.
Still, not the best news for the restaurant, which was trashed by the Post's Steve Cuozzo after opening for "unspeakable fatty veal osso bucco" and "calamari like leather." Ouch.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts