LA Weekly Replaces Jonathan Gold, Changes Up Food Staff
Today on The Daily Meal
- Food Festival in Sydney Starring David Chang, Massimo Bottura, Jordi Roca, Jonathan Gold, and More
- Jonathan Gold to Star in Los Angeles Food Documentary
- LA Times Drops Stars, Shows Off Jonathan Gold
- Jonathan Gold Writes Up Marijuana Meal
- Mario Batali Really Doesn't Like Non-Food People Judging His Cooking
Ever since Jonathan Gold left LA Weekly for the LA Times, we've been waiting around to see what the staff will look like after Gold's departure.
To replace Gold, LA Weekly has hired Besha Rodell. Previously, Rodell was the food editor at Creative Loafing Atlanta, where a company restructuring cut her position. Rodell has won awards from the Association of Food Journalists, and is a James Beard Foundation Award nominee. Still, Rodell's got some big Pulitzer Prize-winning shoes to fill.
Also at LA Weekly, Squid Ink'd editor Amy Scattergood is jumping up to edit the entire food and drink section, Patrick Comiskey from Wine & Spirits Magazine was snatched up as the new drinks columnist, and Garrett Snyder will become the new food blogger.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts