- Moldy Cheese Day
LA Weekly Replaces Jonathan Gold, Changes Up Food Staff
Recipe of the day
- Nigella Lawson Says She Hates the Terms ‘Clean Eating’ and ‘Healthy Food’
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Paul Prudhomme
- Chef José Andrés Is Turning the Tables on Donald Trump, Sues Him for $8 Million
- Paul Prudhomme, Beloved New Orleans Celebrity Chef, Has Died at 75
- James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Climbs to the Top of the Space Needle in Seattle
Ever since Jonathan Gold left LA Weekly for the LA Times, we've been waiting around to see what the staff will look like after Gold's departure.
To replace Gold, LA Weekly has hired Besha Rodell. Previously, Rodell was the food editor at Creative Loafing Atlanta, where a company restructuring cut her position. Rodell has won awards from the Association of Food Journalists, and is a James Beard Foundation Award nominee. Still, Rodell's got some big Pulitzer Prize-winning shoes to fill.
Also at LA Weekly, Squid Ink'd editor Amy Scattergood is jumping up to edit the entire food and drink section, Patrick Comiskey from Wine & Spirits Magazine was snatched up as the new drinks columnist, and Garrett Snyder will become the new food blogger.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts