LA Weekly Adding Stars and More News
Recipe of the day
- This Guy Lost 50 Pounds Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail — And Took a Selfie Every Day to Prove It
- Fatty Food Consumption Could Increase Mental Illness Risk, Research Says
- Cajun vs. Creole: What's the Difference?
- Third Death in Colorado Linked to Marijuana Edibles Overdose
- Which Came First, Orange the Fruit or Orange the Color?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Brooklyn Restaurant Opens in Houston: A Brooklyn-themed restaurant has opened in Houston, called the Brooklyn Athletic Club, featuring old-timey photographs, ball sports like bocce, and an on-site food truck. [Eater]
Diner Devours Entire Hobbit Menu: A competitive eater decided to take on the entire Hobbit-themed menu at Denny's. And record it on video. [HuffPo]
School Secretary Caught Buying Fast Food with City Money: A former secretary at a New York high school was fined $9,000 after officials discovered she purchased fast food on a school credit card, including $765 at McDonald's, $342 at Subway, and $190 at Burger King. [NYDN]
LA Weekly Adding Stars: Beginning Jan. 1, the LA Weekly restaurant reviews will have a star rating, just after LA Times dropped theirs. [LA Weekly]
Christian Louboutin on Food: Apparently the designer associates drinking tea with having time; all other busy days require coffee. Makes sense. [Bon Appetit]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts