LA Weekly Adding Stars and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Brooklyn Restaurant Opens in Houston: A Brooklyn-themed restaurant has opened in Houston, called the Brooklyn Athletic Club, featuring old-timey photographs, ball sports like bocce, and an on-site food truck. [Eater]
Diner Devours Entire Hobbit Menu: A competitive eater decided to take on the entire Hobbit-themed menu at Denny's. And record it on video. [HuffPo]
School Secretary Caught Buying Fast Food with City Money: A former secretary at a New York high school was fined $9,000 after officials discovered she purchased fast food on a school credit card, including $765 at McDonald's, $342 at Subway, and $190 at Burger King. [NYDN]
LA Weekly Adding Stars: Beginning Jan. 1, the LA Weekly restaurant reviews will have a star rating, just after LA Times dropped theirs. [LA Weekly]
Christian Louboutin on Food: Apparently the designer associates drinking tea with having time; all other busy days require coffee. Makes sense. [Bon Appetit]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts