- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Kraft Takes Artificial Preservatives out of Cheese
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Hydrox Cookies, the ‘Original Oreos,’ Seek Donald Trump’s Approval
- 90,000 Pounds of Johnsonville Sausage Products Recalled
- WATCH: This Pastor’s Hilarious Musical Ode to the Return of Blue Bell Ice Cream
- In a Soup Bowl (Not) Far, Far Away: ‘Star Wars’ Campbell’s Soups Are Here!
- Mindy Kaling’s ‘Spicy and Cheesy’ Umami Burger Is Officially Here
Here’s one more reason to make that gooey grilled cheese sandwich during the bitter winter months: Kraft has announced that it has removed all artificial ingredients, including artificial preservatives, from its beloved Kraft singles.
“We know families today want convenient foods that have no artificial preservatives and a simpler, more recognizable ingredient list, and Kraft is working to deliver more of these options for some of our most beloved brands,” said Brian Gelb, Senior Associate Brand Manager, Kraft Foods.
Kraft claims that the new and improved cheese will look, feel and taste like it always had, but now customers will be able to understand all of the ingredients on the ingredients list. And that’s good news, considering that according to Kraft, nearly 4 out of 10 households buys Kraft cheese.
The news comes on the heels of the backlash against Subway and other fast food companies’ usage of the “shoe leather” chemical used in their bread products, The Daily Meal recently reported. After news broke and an online petition quickly was created, Subway has since agreed to remove the chemical.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts